Sneak Peek // Go Go to Hash House a Go Go: It Opens This Friday in Plano
March 22, 2016
breakfast, brunch, Burbs, burgers, cocktails, coffee, First Looks, foodbitch says:, lunch, New Food News, new restaurant openings, north dallas
Ever been to a Hash House a Go Go? If you had, you’d remember. I’ve been to one in Las Vegas, and damn.
Here are some things to know about HHGG (which is what I’ll be calling it):
1) Huge portions is pretty much the first two words that come to mind when trying to describe the place. No matter what you order, whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert or even just a beverage, what’s going to arrive is going to make your jaw drop. Every time. They like shocking you at Hash House. They call it “Twisted Farm Food.”
2) Lots of servers have crazy hair up in there. It’s like they all went to the Guy Fieri School of Hairdos. Watch out for that.
3) Many dishes are food celeb-approved by the likes of Martha Stewart and Man VS. Food’s Andrew Zimmern. But don’t let any of that hold you back from ordering up what sounds good and digging in (after taking the requisite photos of course).
4) LOTS of bacon. But if you don’t dig on swine, that’s cool, too. They can usually remove it from the dish. If you like bacon, you are in for a treat.
5) Sage Fried Chicken, either with waffles, served as part of a Benedict, or however, is one of the things HHGG is known for. There’s a reason. It’s pretty tasty.
6) Cow print galore. The 90’s called. They want their spots back. But hey, it’s a theme! And when you’re eating this much, you kind of feel like a farm animal so it pretty much works.
7) Come hungry. Did I mention the size of the portions? I did. But it deserves mentioning again. You will take some home. Or share. Or feel like shit afterward. Or all three? Texans like it big, so I think HHGG will do juuuuuust fine.
Let’s get to the massively humungous food and drinks, shall we? Deep breath…
Foodbitch is an expert eater and published food writer who lives in Dallas, Texas with her exceptionally well-fed twin daughters, husband and their dogs. She’ll tell you what to eat and you’ll like it.